On Tuesday in class we started working on the Travel Agent for a Celestial Body Project. Each student in the class has been assigned a celestial body in the solar system/galaxy to find research on them and some time next week we will present them to the class by having a "Travel Fair" meaning that only a couple of people at once will watch your presentation. You will be graded by the class members who come visit your travel agency, see your brochure and watch your presentation. You are supposed to show/tell them why they should travel to your celestial body, during your presentation. As they come to your agency you need to "sell" your celestial body and give them interesting facts about it.
Design a travel agency styled brochure using Microsoft Publisher. Remember to have a set of notes (bullet format) for each of the members of the class from which you design the brochure. You'll also hand in questions on your celestial body for our open note test.
If there's anything that's still unknown about your topic, you need to write that on your note sheet.
Keep in mind (Presentation) :
- Interest when creating brochure
- Show interest while "Selling" and presenting
Some appropriate websites to check out:
We are allowed to use other websites and research materials as well but DO NOT use WIKIPEDIA!!!
What to turn in:
- Travel Agency Styled Brochure- eye catching, colorful, made with Publisher-Due Thursday, April 1st
- Typed set of bulleted notes for the class containing the information used to create the brochure (can be emailed or printed and turned in) - Due Tuesday, March 30th
- Five (5) typed questions about your celestial body for the test we will be having, including a copy of answers to your questions! (must be e-mailed)- Due Thursday, April 1st!
- Typed copy of your bibliography (must be emailed) - Due Thursday, April 1st!
Good Luck =)
Next scribe is Hana!